Federal Building ,
Construction of Federal Courthouse at Marion Street and Zack Street. In the background, among other buildings, are the First Presbyterian Church and the DeSoto Hotel. The building was designed by James Knox Taylor, the Supervising Architect of the Treasury Department and was completed in 1905. It was originally used as the main post office, then the Public Health Service, and finally, in 1984 it was converted to a Courthouse. Although the building is still standing, it has remained vacant since 1998. Multiple plans have been proposed for the building, but currently, nothing has come to fruition.