V.M. Ybor ,
9th Ave. & Republica de Cuba
The massive 88,000 V.M. Ybor cigar factory was built in 1886 by the founder of Ybor City, Don Vicente Martinez Ybor. Recently, the Church of Scientology, which also owns the Adres Diaz Cigar Factory, purchased the V.M. Ybor factory for $7 million and spend another $6 million restoring it. Besides the Church, the factory, known as Ybor Square, also houses Creative Loafing (which recently published an article about Tampa Changing) and the Spaghetti Warehouse.